T-Mobile Huawei Stick *Does* Work on Snow Leopard

I blogged a while ago about my trouble with that mobile internet connection through my T-Mobile 3G stick. Now I’ve finally found a chance to try things out, and it turns out I got it to work! I installed a driver package I downloaded a while ago from Huawei, called MobileConnectDriver(4.16.00.00).pkg. After that, I had to unplug the stick, and I also had to make sure the device I was using for the connection was the right one. For some reason I had the devices mixed up – there are two made available by that driver, called HUAWEIMobile-Pcui and HUAWEIMobile-Modem, and I had to use the Modem one. My previous setup was using the Pcui one, but that may be a remnant of previous experiments. The rest of my setup (it’s just the “phone number”, which I set to *99# after some instructions I found online a long time ago) remains the same, and I’m now successfully online. Cool!

Sorry, this blog does not support comments.

I used various blog hosting services since this blog was established in 2005, but unfortunately they turned out to be unreliable in the long term and comment threads were lost in unavoidable transitions. At this time I don't want to enable third-party services for comments since it has become obvious in recent years that these providers invariably monetize information about their visitors and users.

Please use the links in the page footer to get in touch with me. I'm available for conversations on Keybase, Matrix, Mastodon or Twitter, as well as via email.