I blogged a while ago about my trouble with that mobile internet connection through my T-Mobile 3G stick. Now I’ve finally found a chance to try things out, and it turns out I got it to work!
I installed a driver package I downloaded a while ago from Huawei, called
MobileConnectDriver(4.16.00.00).pkg. After that, I had to unplug the stick, and I also had to make sure the device I was using for the connection was the right one. For some reason I had the devices mixed up – there are two made available by that driver, called
HUAWEIMobile-Modem, and I had to use the Modem one. My previous setup was using the Pcui one, but that may be a remnant of previous experiments.
The rest of my setup (it’s just the “phone number”, which I set to
*99# after some instructions I found online a long time ago) remains the same, and I’m now successfully online. Cool!