I guess some of you have noticed that my blog has been offline again for the past four days, after a similar problem two weeks or so back. I’m sorry about this, it happens randomly, apparently because of some funny problem in Microsoft ISA Server 2004.
The first time this happened, I knew at least that I had made changes to the firewall configuration at the point where the problem crept in, but this last time I’m pretty sure I didn’t do anything to the server at that time. In either case, ISA Server suddenly stopped routing in connections to my web server correctly – all access from inside, as well as other published services like SMTP continue to work flawlessly. I guess I’ll have to monitor this much more closely to find out what the problem is. The only way I have found so far to get things back to normal is to reboot the server – no amount of fiddling without a reboot has been successful.
Obviously I’ll try to find a way to stop this from happening, meanwhile if you have the impression that my blog is offline, feel free to drop me a mail quickly at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know.